In order to be able to change HDD Advanced Power Management settings the HDPARM app must be executed in elevated mode (with administrative privileges).
This manual shows you how to change hdparm.exe Properties in Windows and grant it the administrative privileges required for normal operation.
WINDOWS VISTA, 7, 8, 10 INSTRUCTIONS:
Follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Explorer and go to HDPARM installation folder - C:\Program Files\hdparm (32bit Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\hdparm (64bit Windows)
2. Right click on the hdparm.exe
3. Click on Properties to open app settings window:
4. Switch to the Compatibility tab
5. Click on the Change settings for all users button:
6. Tick the checkbox for Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the drop-down list
7. Grant privilege level by ticking the check box for Run this program as an administrator:
8. Remember to click the OK button on all Properties windows when closing them.
IF SUCCESSFUL an armour icon is displayed over hdparm.exe that indicates the app has administrative privileges.
HDPARM - HELP & HOW TO ERRORS TROUBLESHOOTING